Local Dealer Bites the Dust

Wish I would have known they needed the help, I would have pitched a few dollars their way and bought some stuff. Maybe not a bike, but some boots or helmet or something. Sad to see a good bike dealer disappear. University Honda/Yamaha (Sound Rider article here) was close to my office (downtown) and best yet, they were down to earth good people who knew all about bikes and had a good vibe going on. Heck, they had a family dog that hung out in the store. I miss the shop already. The next best one is Renton Motor Sports, but even though I'm sure they're nice people they tend to cater to the young and way too fast crowd. Then again, they're still in business so who's got the better idea?

1 comment:

Jeremy Z said...

That *is* sad. Sounds like maybe they should have carried more low cost bikes that would be attractive to the students or something. Maybe they knew what they were doing and the owners just felt like retiring...