Corner Thinking

There's always something to focus on when riding. I rode home from work, across the bridge, and directly into the orange setting sun today. The long sweeping turn that connects the bridge to the highway was all zen. Sat up, air noisy and hitting my body, dropping into 3rd, not too much deceleration, keeping my body balanced and in place, starting to lean forward, I slid off the saddle to the right just a bit and pointed my chin toward the apex, looking around the faring. Entering the corner and feeling the bike tipping over and thinking of the inch of tire that was scrubbing microscopic pieces into the highway, adjusting the path, disappointingly, every second or so I pulled on the throttle just enough to exhale and push out of the curve and moderate the speed to merge into the new traffic.

No comments: