Now You See Me, Now You Don't.

Now that the days are getting shorter, and the evening falls much earlier I've been looking for ways to be more visible to cars (aside from my bright yellow helmet). I keep my luggage on the bike (top and side bags) to add size and therefore visibility to the bike, and if I ever put it down it's one more layer to skid on before I become the puck. I wanted to add daytime and nighttime visibility so I added these red and white reflective trailer warning stickers. I think they look pretty good, plus they're kind of Christmas like so maybe I'll look jolly too. I can tell I'm old now, when the safety of the bike takes precedence over how it looks. Then again, because I've been a safe (and lucky) rider I get to grow old.

3 comments:

motopacsman said...

I'm curious. How many years have you been riding?

Jeremy Z said...

I have to say, that looks really fruity. Aerostich sells reflective tape that is dark gray, exept when light is shined on it.

Creighton said...

Fruity? Aw come on. Either way, I like that it's obnoxious and visually arresting during the day, gray tape just won't do that. Relying only on a scenario that a car will be facing me, having it's headlights pointed at me, and then looking directly where it's headlights are pointed, in order to see me isn't what I feel is realistic, so I opt for the wacky colors. Ah well, if we were all the same, it'd be a boring biker world.